Many KC forum members have ask me for this recipe. I remember seeing it in the forum. But I guess the person may have deleted the recipe from the forum.
I made it once..a year ago. But never had the real recipe on hand. This is made today, out of memory. And decided that I must document the steps, ratio of ingredients used.
Here's my version for you to try at home.
Honeyed Bak Kwa/BBQ Pork
Recipe by Gina Choong
1 kg streaky bacon
5 tbsp Thai Fish sauce
1.5 tbsp 5 spiced powder
100g Golden syrup
1. Remove chilled bacon from packing, wash under tap water to remove any liquid(usually from packaging)
2. Pat dry with paper towels.
3. Line it on a large plastic container and pour fish sauce and 5 spiced powder over it.
4. Mix honey and golden syrup together.
5. Pour over the bacon.
6. Cover the container and leave it in the chiller(fridge) to marinate for at least 2 days.
7. Roast in preheated oven 220C for 10 to 15 minutes or until it turns golden brown. Brush the pork with remaining marinate sauce.
8. Drain excess oil by placing the BBQ pork on greaseproof paper.
9. Store in containers lined with waxed paper or greaseproof paper.
Make sure you cool it before storing.
Can keep for 2 weeks or more.