May 22, 2010

Chilli in my Rojak Part 6


Music Video of The old hymn, sung by the late Mrs Vestal Goodman.

There is a fountain(Hymn)
William Cowper, pub.1772
with reference to the Holy Bible, Zechariah 13:1


There is a fountain filled with blood,
Drawn from Immanuel’s veins,
And sinners plunged beneath that flood
Lose all their guilty stains.

The dying thief rejoiced to see
That fountain in His day;
And there have I, though vile as he,
Washed all my sins away.

Dear dying Lamb, Thy precious blood
Shall never lose its power,
Till all the ransomed church of God
Are safe, to sin no more.

E’er since by faith I saw the stream
Thy flowing wounds supply,
Redeeming love has been my theme,
And shall be till I die.


****

I still remember in our early days of courting, Benny was a non-believer. I use to bring him to church..to the church I grew up knowing God and studied the Bible with my friends. Where my dad used to conduct Bible studies there.

Because he had to work on weekends, our church had just started Sunday night service. It seems the wisest thing to do was to bring him for it. He accepted Christ as his personal Saviour in early 1987..about 6 to 8 months after we dated.

There was no turning back since then. While being his girlfriend, then later his wife and the mother of our children, all the things we did together, the children we raised were Christ-centered. Just like my parents did with me and my sister..just like my ah Ma and my Gong did with all their grand children.

It was like living the dreams of my late grandparents..to have Christ the HEAD of our household. A 'ritual' you might say. But its been our family tradition that God is not there just on Sundays but in every breath we take, every moment...

So this Chilli in my Rojak is my God, the Christ in me. Who is and will forever be, the life giver and the One who guides my path. That everywhere I go, every step I take, and everything I do, its to bring Glory to His name!

Make Christ the head of your household. In everything you do, the love you spread to others, even in the food you prepare. Let the love of Christ in you be tasted and loved and witnessed by all.

AMEN!

No comments: