Or should I say Golden goodness MINUS the sugar! I wanted to try using the Jupe Yuzu concentrated fruit paste to bake a cake. After telling everyone its great for making ice cream, fresh cream and what noughts!
I reduced the sugar by as much as half and a little more. The cake was surprisingly still sweet, light and refreshing in taste and flavour.
A die die must try (at least once!) recipe
Yuzu Fruit Cake
Recipe By Gina Choong
250 g butter (salted)
100g fine sugar
220g Top flour
3 tbsp Yuzu concentrated paste
100g dried citrus fruit(orange)
1. Beat butter with sugar till light and creamy. About 10 mins.
2. Add eggs, one at a time to beat till well combined. Add yuzu paste to mix.
3. Add flour and whip in 1 minute.
4. Finally add citrus fruits and whip for 1 minute till well mixed.
5. Pour into baking pan.
6. Bake in preheated oven 180C for 30 mins.
7. Remove to cool completely before slicing.