I created this cookie just to show customers who frequent our store what they could use the Jupe concentrated fruit pastes for. It was such a hit..many bought the pastes and tried baking at home.
The cookie was also a delight with vegetarians as there was no egg used in the recipe. As Deepavali is coming next month, this would be a delightful cookie to serve family and friends during the Festival of Lights.
Recipe by Gina Choong
400g Self Raising Flour
150g icing sugar
3 tbsp Jupe Rose Concentrated paste
6 pcs dried rose buds(soften in warm water)
1. Remove leaves, stalks from rose buds, peel and separate rose petals.
2. Melt butter in microwave oven for 1 min till liquid.
3. Add icing sugar, rose paste and stir to mix.
4. Add flour, rose buds petals and mix till it forms into a crumbly dough.
5. Scoop using a cookie scoop and place on baking tray.
6. Bake in preheated oven 180C for 15 mins.
7. Remove to cool before storing.
Dried rose buds are purely for decoration only. You can omit it. It will not alter the final taste of the cookies.