Dec 6, 2009

Let's Go to the Movies

My dad was the one who used to take me to the movies. When I was a kid, he bring me to watch all the Disney's classics. When I was a teen, he took us all to the movies. Now, I still watch these movies, reminds me of old times and the actors/actresses I loved. I got the classic VCD/DVD and watch them once in a while. Sure, I can watch these over on the NET or on Youtube, but nothing beats to watching this in the comfort of my bedroom, fast forward or play back anytime I want.

Here's the many few I loved which my dad brought me to watch..some have great memories and stories. These are some of my all time favourites which my girls also grew up watching it.

How to Steal a Million : Audrey Hepburn and Peter O'Toole


Breakfast at Tiffany : Audrey Hepburn and George Peppard


My Fair Lady : Audrey Hepburn and Rex Harrison


Towering Inferno : many actors. This movie help me to write an essay competition that won me FIRST Prize in the year 1975.


Lili :Leslie Caron. I can't find the DVD for this. :( Only to be contented with youtube


Splendor in the Grass : Natalie Wood and Warren Beatty


West Side Story : Natalie Wood .... This show made famous many songs. Like "I Feel Pretty" which was later used in a movie with Adam Saddler in Anger Management


Fiddler on the Roof : My dad loved this movie. In this movie that inspired him alot and so much so that he wanted me to take up violin! But my mom thinks my neck with go sideways due to violin playing and switch me to Piano lessons instead. hahaha


Oliver! The musical. My girls watched this all the time..The Original version that was produced in 1969. I read that the boy who acted as The Artful Dodger is Phil Collins. This is a wonderful movie. We watch this together as a family.


Of course I also watch the famous cartoons by Warner Brothers and the Hanna Barbara series that is on TV all the time. That's Tweety the Bird, Slyvester the Cat, Bugs Bunny, Dafty Duck, Leghorn Rooster, Wile E Coyote, The Road Runner, etc. My dad still watches these all cartoons..now with my girls too.

All the wonderful memories, my dad had with me and its nice to evolve it around with movies. And now, I shared the same with my girls.

Do you watch any with yours?

No comments: