A few customers have asked me if I have a cookie recipe that mimick the Famous Amos Chocolate Chip cookies. Well, I don't. But it didn't stop me to make my own crunchy cookie.
This cookie was initially created for a Hindu lady. She told me she's Vegetarian. And I thought it meant "No eggs" so I had to improvised a recipe I had just for her. I did this No Eggs Chocolate Chip cookies for her. Only to find out later when she came to pick up her cookies "We can eat eggs, dear!"
So I baked a bit more, left it in the store for others to try. Many ask for the recipe as they say it tastes like the Famous Amos extra crunchy cookies.
I had a regular customer, R, while paying for her items at the counter, she couldn't stop munching the cookies..a box of the cookies was almost gone ! She simply loved it.
Here's the cookie for you to try at home. For this recipe, I INSIST that you use the 'branded' ingredients stated below for that maximum taste factor.
Enjoy! I think I will make another batch today for people to try.
No Eggs Chocolate Chip Cookie
Recipe by Gina Choong
250g SCS butter(salted)
150g soft brown sugar
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Bourbon extract
100g semi sweet chocolate chips(I use Hershey's)
1 tbsp Valrhona cocoa powder
380g Top Flour (Prima)
1. Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl till liquid.*
2. Add sugar, vanilla extract and cocoa powder to stir till well combined
3. Add flour, choc chips to mix till it forms into a dough.
4. Scoop out on baking tray, press down to flatten it.
5. Baked in preheated oven 180C for 20 mins.
6. Remove to cool on wire rack before storing.