Oct 1, 2009

What God Has Promised

Yesterday, one of my cooking students , Miss L, visited me at the store. We talk a fair bit, of all things below the heavens. Of fun things, of food, of course. And of friends. And I was reminded of a friend I once helped who in the end, never appreciated or at least shown any to me.

I ask myself, "Is it worth it? You wanted help, and I gave it to you. Wholeheartedly, never questioning you. In the end, I get nothing. I wasn't expecting much or anything. But at least we stay as friends in this unforgiving world..but alas, you disappeared. Excuses, upon excuses.."

Miss L said to me :

"Gina, don't let this stumbling block your life. You are kind and warm hearted. Continue to bless others as that I see is what you are made of. "

And then I remembered an old hymn by Annie Johnson Flint(1866-1932) where she wrote this. Read the hymn below. And be encouraged, be inspired too.!

What God Has Promised

God has not promised
Skies always blue,
Flower-strewn pathways
All our lives thro’;
God has not promised
Sun without rain,
Joy without sorrow,
Peace without pain.

God has not promised
We shall not know
Toil and temptation,
Trouble and woe;
He has not told us
We shall not bear
Many a burden,
Many a care.

God hath not promised smooth roads and wide,
Swift, easy travel,
needing no guide;
Never a mountain,
rocky and steep,
Never a river,
turbid and deep.
But God has promised


Strength for the day,
Rest for the laborer,
Light for the way,
Grace for the trials,
Help from above,
Unfailing sympathy,
Undying love.

****
God Bless you..Miss L, you bless me today. I am blessed to have good friends, people from all walks of life walking into my life. Reminding me each day, how bless I am.

And to all out there, continue to do what God has set you up to do. Be inspired and inspired others along the way.

1 comment: