Jul 7, 2008

Cupcakes anyone?

These days you either hear someone going for classes on baking or know of someone teaching it. My students have emailed me and ask me to run a series of cupcake baking class with some basic decoration too. Here's what we did yesterday.



They chose what colours they like to have for fresh cream and they all wanted purple. While for buttercream, they wanted something pink.


Among the adults who came, I had a young boy and half way thru the class, a young girl join too. Pretty impressive for these young guns!


Packing up their creative cuppies and ready to go home!


We did a flat icing(spreading buttercream on a cupcake) and swirls which is the most commonly seen on cupcakes.

I used no artificial essence except flavoured oils for the cream as the creams are tasteless besides having all that fancy colours. Overall, the students loved the Tutti-Fruitti Cupcakes the most. It is by far, my best recipe I have used in all my classes. And the recipe I used for the Food and Travel Magazine 2 years ago.

While I heard on my side of town(near my home), there was also a Cupcake decorating demo at Hougang Mall by BIY or Bake It Yourself. Too bad I had class yesterday, or I would have gone down too, just to watch them do it the Wilton way!

No comments: