Aug 18, 2009

I love Cheesecakes

Cheese cakes are the only cakes I would indulge in and eat many slices. Yesterday I wanted to try a new recipe. Using the Jupe Yuzu concentrated paste I am selling in my store. It was heavenly... A hint of Yuzu, and large chunks of Mandarin oranges in it. I have added Yuzu paste and a can of S&W Mandarin Oranges for that bite.

In case you are wondering what in the world is Yuzu, its basically a citrus fruit grown in Japan. Looks very much like oranges but is yellow in colour.

Now its available in a concentrated liquid paste without preservatives or additives. You can get that at my KC store now.

Here's the cake I did yesterday..





Yuzu Cheesecake
Recipe by Gina Choong


Ingredients
500g Philly Cream cheese
150g Lite Sour Cream
120g fine sugar
2 eggs
3 tbsp Yuzu paste
1 can of S&W Mandarin oranges minus the syrup

Method
1. Whip cream cheese, sour cream and sugar till smooth and silky.
2. Add yuzu paste, eggs and continue to whip till evenly mixed.
3. Lastly add oranges to fold in gently.
4. Pour contents into a springfoam pan(I use a 8 inch pan)
5. Bake in preheated oven 180C for 50 mins.
6. Remove to cool outside for another 10 mins.
7. Put the whole pan into the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours or more.
8. Remove cake from the pan and sliced with a warmed knife.

Notes
To get a perfect cut on every slice, dip the knife in hot water, wipe it with a dry cloth.
Cheese cakes tend to be creamy soft and will stick to the knife.

This cake looks and tastes like the NYDC New York Cheesecake except that its flavoured..yums!

And if you drop by the store at Kallang Bahru, you can get the printed copy of this recipe. All the ingredients are available at the KC store.

No comments: