Mar 2, 2010

Roses are Red

Been wanting to try this for some time now. Ever since I brought in the Jupe Rose Concentrated paste to sell in my store. I have used it to make cookies. It was lovely. Today, I decided to use the recipe I use for the UME Plum Chiffon Cake. Turn out the cake was super light and the rose taste was evident but not too overpowering.

I added dried rose petals to make it something as real as eating a Rose cake. A recipe to keep..

I used a tiny silicone tube pan for this. Was rather surprise it still could hold its height and shape. I didn't flip it over. But removed the cake soon after its cooled.



Sliced and showing bits of the rose petals. Rose petals became chewy after its baked. Nice!



Ingredients A
4 egg yolks
125g Top flour
80ml fresh milk(I used UHT full cream milk)
2.5 tbsp Jupe Rose Concentrated paste

10 g dried roses(soak in hot water to soften)

Ingredients B4 egg whites
80g fine sugar

Method
1. Remove rose petals and discard stalk and branch. Discard the water.
2. In a mixing bowl, add egg yolks to whip till well mixed.
3. Add milk, fruit paste and rose petals to stir. then add flour and stir to mix evenly. Set aside.
4. Whip egg whites in a cake mixer till foamy. Then pour in sugar slowly.
5. Whip till it peaks. Stop the mixer and fold in egg yolk batter with it.
6. Pour into tube pan
7. Bake in preheated oven 160C for 35 mins.
8. Serve cooled.

You can get Jupe Rose Concentrated Paste from Kitchen Capers store. Costs S$8.80 per 100g bottle.

No comments: