Mar 18, 2010

You are my Hiding Place...


In His time, He taught me to release, to let go and to forget. I cannot believe that it really happened. Today is Thursday, March 18 2010. To forget Beauty which I thought I would never forget her. She passed away on March 7th, 2007.

I don't think of her anymore. But I still loved her from my heart. I don't see her in the things I used to do with her in it. In the void, I found her in another pet we had in the house.

I remembered crying my heart out for Beauty when she passed away in my arms. Thank God for good friends and a good Vet like Dr Lee who understands what I was going through. He shared my tears with me. Because he watched and took care of her throughout her puppy days till she breathed her last.

Thank God for families who understands that pets are family too. Although many think that as pet lovers we are over reacting.
It is through Beauty's passing, I met many people whom I thought were strangers. One such person was the late Billy Cotton. With whom I never met personally. But a chef and a friend who was in USA. Who used to write to me and consoled me and comfort me.

As now I look back, I realised that God provided me with friends here, there and everywhere. With the strength to carry on each day. There will be always be hurt as long as we live, but to have God, is knowing that there is hope, there is love and there is peace.

A beautiful hymn, "You are my hiding place" I shared this with you...
AMEN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think u very miss her so much...

i`m so sorry to hear that, i know ur feeling, bcoz i love dog so much...

GBU

Gina Choong said...

hi, yes, I missed her. She was very special to me because my hubby bought her for me..on Valentine's Day some 15 years ago. Incidentally, Beauty's registered name was also Valentine.